Do you feed your babies with Cerelac or Gerber?

81 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I remember trying both for my kids when they were babies. They liked Cerelac better because Gerber doesn't taste much but according to research, Cerelac contains sucrose and I don't think introducing baby's palette to sugar early is a good idea. I tihink it is still better to puree some fruits and vegetables yourself and experiment on the texture and the taste to give your baby a variety.

Magbasa pa

pinakain ko anak ng cerelac, mga 6 months sya nun hndi maganda result nag selan s food ayaw eat ng rice napakain ko lng sya ng rice nun 2 yrs old n pahirapan p kaya ginawa ko s second baby ko hndi ko pinakain cerelac, un maganda result matakaw kumain ng rice at wlang selan kht sardinas kakain sya 1 yrs old.n un ha... yan po experience ko s cerelac

Magbasa pa
5y ago

ah kaya pala hindi matakaw yung baby ko sa rice

i do. but not all the time. kasama sya sa mga pinapakain ko before lalo na pag lumalabas kami to eat out. hindi kasi ako sigurado kung paanong pagluto ng pagkain sa mga resto, mahirap din magbaon ng luto na, mas malaki ang chance for exposure sa germs. kaya i always have cerelac and distilled water that i bring along when we're out.

Magbasa pa

No. Those 2 haven't been part of my list sa what to eat ni baby, I knew from the start that I only need to feed my babies with fresh and healthy food. I've been warned by other parents and my sister who is a nutritionist, that these foods have ingredients that aren't really healthy for babies.

VIP Member

Try nyu po muna mashed fresh fruits and veges pra hindi maging picky c baby in the future. Tendency kasi nung may mas lasa like cerelac and gerber ayaw na nang bata kumain ng natural and organic. Then not sure for the food content and how commercialize food was manufactured.

No. I'd rather feed my child boiled vegetables so I know how it is prepared and the ingredients of the food that I serve. I have this perception that Cerelac and Gerber are injected with sugar or preservatives since it's packaged.

VIP Member

never tried it on my kids. sabi nila mas nutritious pa ung bagong luto na pagkain so i always cook for them. i started with boiled potatoes and carrots and mix and match other veggies. basta no salt.

cerelac yes. when i can't use a food processor or i am not able to properly cook because we're out. i would love to feed her veggies and fruits but i just can't if we're not at home.

per my pedia's advice, mas maganda po una ma introduce ung panlasa nya sa natural foods.. plus mas masustansya pa. naavoid din ang pagiging picky eater nya

di kami nagcerelac and gerber. puro preservatives un eh. mas ok ung fresh and natural na pagkain like pureed vegies and or fruits for babies 6months and above.