Unable to swallow multivits

Everytime i eat my supplements that doc gives me i will end up puking my food or gagging.. anyone feels the same? I dread taking it so much 😭 #1stimemom #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had trouble too all my 3 pregnancies (including current), so I substitute with diet. I look for food rich in vitamins that we need as expectant moms. Folic acid I will take and spinach is also a gd replacement. U can prepare spinach soup easier to eat with rice and maybe fish. Cos if it makes u puke then its not helping with no food staying in..

Read more
2y ago

thanks so much for sharing what worked for you! am still trying to figure out and manage the symptoms. will try and figure out! 🥰

I tried taking prenatal pills in my first trimester and always ended up puking it but other supplements like iron tablet, calcium pill, fish oil, folic acid are OK for me tho. I'm coming into 2nd trimester and when my nausea gets better (hopefully by end of this week), I would go back and try taking my prenatal pills again.

Read more
2y ago

did you stop taking folic after 2nd tri? since prenatal has it

i’ve always had problems with pills, even before i got pregnant. i asked my gynae for options and she has suggested prenatal gummies instead. but mine was lacking iron so my gynae gave me powdered sachets to try. so far so good :) please ask your gynae for options! hope this is helpful!

2y ago

Try grinding the pills into powder then eat with food or yogurt.. that was what I did, hope it helps:)

I had the same issue as you when I am having my LO. What I did was to swallow the multivitamin, dha, iron and calcium with green tea, lemon tea or Milo and it helps! If really can’t on that day, I will just omit the pills.

TapFluencer

maybe you can find alternative like powder supplement? I take isotonix supplements coz I can't swallow pills. just bring ur supplements to the doc and check if it's sufficient for you. take care!

2y ago

thanks Paulin! i tried sachet and was worse... really puked haha im looking for gummy now i hope it works (:

Yes! The supplements have an aftertaste that makes me vomit when I’m pregnant but I know it’s beneficial for the baby so I brave through it. I experienced it in first and second trimester.

2y ago

yeah im really trying but it takes so much courage 😂 everyday's pain! brave mummy!

Maybe can try taking your supplements at a different time of day or with something sweet eg Ribena to help stomach it

2y ago

thanks Ferlin! yeah now I'm trying to wait for my breakfast to digest first if not I will puke it out. & will chew sweet after (:

Try to pound the pill . N drink it with milk . It helps me a lot as I have difficulty in taking it

2y ago

i thought cannot take with milk? I'll try to pound it but afraid the taste is stronger!

i quit taking it as it makes me.puking so i eat more fruits to gain vitamins

2y ago

ahh thanks for sharing!! just not sure how to get iron, vit D, calcium too?

VIP Member

Maybe can ask for different types of vitamins?