Working Out While Pregnant

Hi everyone! I am 9 weeks pregnant and its my first pregnancy. I used to be very active before i got pregnant and is advised by gynae that i should not do sports. I do read and listen to some video which encourage workouts even as early as my pregnancy. Anyone working out within first trimester? Any tips?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy! wat kinda exercises did u do pre pregnancy? its not advised to increase heartrate (HR) during pregnancy, as that will increase baby HR too. You can continue to keep fit but pls be mindful whilst doing so! Do exercises that are moderate and low in intensity; those that will allow u to maintain moderate HR & allow u to maintain conversation comfortably without being breathless... & stay away from ab crunching exercises or any body (stomach) folding movements.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you!! All the best to you too

I don't work out per say, but I do walk 30 minutes every day and do pregnancy yoga to strengthen core muscles, etc. From what I know, as long as you are active before pregnancy, you can maintain it, but do take note of the limitations with pregnancy. Eg, I used to do planking but now do the modified versions only.

Read more

Hi Even I was very active before pregnancy But you can always do light walking Simple sit ups But don’t over do till u are 12 weeks Once in 2nd trimister u can do anything until unless ur body supports u Always remember to listen to your body

Read more

Currently 18wks going 19wks soon I continue with Zumba and Cardio Kickboxing Gynae say ok to exercise but i did inform the instructor that I'm pregnant so she will or might modify the movement abit for you Overall should continue to be active

Read more
2y ago

I dun feel like alot of core muscles engaged or maybe I'm "seasoned" to it as i have been doing zumba since 2016 It's fun to get out of the house once awhile for exercise

I used to be very active too and am now in 7-8 weeks. I'm skipping working out for now as I feel lethargic easily. But i will go for evening walk for about 35-45mins to keep myself active

light intensity should be fine, try not to jump or do too vigorous exercises