baby formula milk

Hi everyone, my daughter is 1month old right now but she still drinking formula milk at 60ml and sometimes 90ml for every 2-3hours . She's more to 60ml every 2hours as sometimes she cant finish and even vomit out the milk when i do for her 90ml . Isit normal for her age to still drinking 60ml for every 2hours? As what im aware that 1month baby should be start drinking around 90ml-125ml ? Im worried.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its fine.. just go with your baby's flow. If she wants more, she will maybe cry after feeding or doesnt want to sleep. Thats when you know her intake will have to be increased as she is not satisfied. And its ok if she cant finish, dont force feed. Like adults, babies also sometimes just feel thirsty, or not so hungry, or very hungry at times. But my boy demands alot of milk. As ftm, i also followed the guidelines etc initially, but then after a while i just followed my instincts and followed his cues. When he was 1 month, 60 was not enough for him, he will keep on crying and i was also wondering what is wrong with him, so i tried increasing to 90 and he stopped those behaviour. He is 3 mths now and is drinking 150 3-4hourly. Even 180 at times! But just go with the flow.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes it’s common for 1month old baby drinks 60ml every 2 hours. Est 2-3hours. 1month : est 60-90ml. Just a guide line. Above 90ml to 125ml is abit too much for 1 month old. That’s why will vomit if u sudden increase to 90ml. Example 1 month old baby drinks 60ml now, You should try increase 10ml first (70ml) for a week, observe baby’s cue/signs. If baby is showing sign of wanting more by 4-5th day, then you add another 10ml(80ml). If not you can remain at 70ml-75ml for another 2-3 days , observe then increase another 10ml to 20ml weekly. This is to slowly expand baby’s stomach capacity. Go according to baby’s stomach capacity. Don’t worry not all babies drinking e same amount

Read more
Super Mum

My LO only started drinking 90ml when she was 3 months old. Each baby is different, no need to make your baby drink so much if she can’t:) As long as the total volume of milk each day is adequate, that’s fine. (150ml x weight of baby). Overfeeding baby will lead to vomiting, with a small risk of baby developing lung infection.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes it is normal. I, too, fed my girl 90 mL when she was 1 month old as I used the weight to calculate the amount of BM to give her. But she would always regurgitate milk after a 90 mL feed. I reduced it to 60 mL and she was ok with it.

My child 5-6 months still drinking 120ml only. Sometimes 2hours sometimes 3hours. Sometimes can't even finish, 😩