12 weeks pregnant & still a pillion

Hi everybody! I'm new to this whole pregnancy thing. I'm excited going through this wonderful journey! At the same time, trying to learn too. I've been a pillion most of the time. When do I stop being a pillion to avoid any problem for my pregnancy?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup, stop immediately. You should have stopped in your 1st trimester. Doesn’t mean nothing happened means it’s not gonna happen at all. Better be safe than sorry. Every pregnancy is different. Some people might even carry their baby until 3rd trimester and still riding a bike or carrying heavy items but you, like anyone else, your body is supporting a growing fetus for the first time. You never know what can happen to the nerves in your body while carrying and supporting a growing fetus. Please stop riding for the meantime. Take care.

Read more

Well i stopped pillion riding when i was 5 mths pregnant. Bcz my aunt kept scolding nicely and kept reminding not to pillion ride. My sil still pillion rides when shes 8mths. But i think best to stop soon. Or if really need to, tell rider to ride slowly and avoid bumps, and break slowly.

I experienced this myself. Should be ok, just make sure rider rides safely. You will automatically stop riding at a certain point bcos 1) your tummy gets in the way 2) your body will ache like crazy 3) you just can't be bothered climbing onto the bike anymore

Read more
VIP Member

You can be a pillion till your EDD just make sure the person driving is super careful on the roads. Or just maybe pillion slightly till your EDD that’s what i did :)

I ride till i entered 2nd trimester. Then i pillion until now when im at 32 weeks. Just make sure to go slow on humps and bumps shall be fine

For me, I stopped riding immediately after I got to know that I’m pregnant

Super Mum

Immediately, please.