My spouse refuse to take leave to care for LO

Every time LO is sick I will be the one having to take leave to takecare of him. Besides My AL and CCL are using up, my performance are affected and I always cannot finish my work on time due to that. My spouse refuse to take AL and CCL, till date he hasn’t taken any because work is more important to him. What would you do? I’m super tired having to keep apologizing to my team for having to absence frequently and also have to OT to finish my work after LO sleeps. My spouse is very selfish.... To add on, he also didn’t apply paternity leave during my confinement period to help out. Sigh super upset.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to hear that. Have a good chat with him and explain your situation. If he still doesn't want to be what a father and husband should do, then you may want to consider to tell him you will have to quit your job and take care of your LO. He has to give you what you are drawing now besides the monthly household contribution. Frankly, he did not take leave during your confinement period already pissed me off.

Read more