Well, this is embarrassing. I just caught my 4 year old fiddling herself down there. It doesn't look like she's deliberately trying to find any sexual pleasure, more like she's just touching her vag like it's normal. Do kids her age do this? Should I worry?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's very norm! She might even be interested in boy's private parts too. At this age they are very curious jus educate her about the parts, why can't we touch and why can't we let others touch and see too etc. Tell her it's a body part for us to pee, not a toy to play with. And since its our body part, it belongs to us ourselves only n hence its our "property" can't let other touch or we can't touch others too. For the first time she might not get it have to educate her on different occasions.

Read more

I would not worry. It's totally normal. Even infants do that. Not all, but it's common. Boys and girls both do it. However you can explain to her, that these are sensitive areas. And should not touch. Our hands have germs on them. It's not intentional. Don't worry

It's normal but sometimes too she feels uncomfortable over maybe itching that's why. U must check ur little girl's vag often for her not to have any bad odour women are much concerned about their vag i suggest u put salt in warm water for her to sit in do that twice a week

They are just curious and exploring their own bodies. Just monitor to see if it becomes a habit. This is quite a delicate issue. If we reprimand them too much it may cause ad adverse effect And make them shameful out their own bodies.

VIP Member

It very normal as they are curious. Have to teach properly and guide her that no one is allowed to touch there except mummy or caretaker. Also guide her if someone happens to touch there, she should inform you immediately

when i was 5years old i took my mum's unused napkin pad and use it to sleep. when i woke up it was gone.😂 so to answer ur question. yes its normal. kids are curious and love to explore including eating boogers🤣🤣🤣

Don't worry, it's quite normal with both boys and girls.

it's normal dear. just avoide it