Good Comeback for Unsolicited Advice/Unwelcome Remarks

During pregnancy, there's bound to be family members, relatives and friends giving you unsolicited advice/unwelcome remarks which can be annoying right? 😅 Apart from "just ignore, don't bother" about them, anyone has any tried and tested good comeback response that prevents further irritation from them? That will really help, thanks!! 😄 [Unsolicited advice/Unwelcome remarks examples] - "Eh I heard cannot eat/drink XXX leh, if not will blahblahblah" (...when you have done your own research and it is OK to eat/drink XXX) - Speaks of some old wives' tale/superstition and insists that you follow it to be safe - "Eh how come your bump look so big/small at X month? My/my friend's bump wasn't like this leh" - "Wah finally pregnant ah! I waited so long! It's about time la, you both married for so long already, and you're not getting young also!" -- from the elders 😏

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think for the food and drinks part, some ppl are just genuinely concerned about us, hence just take it with a pinch of salt. For the old wives tale, depending on how pantang you are. 🤣 The pregnancy comment be like just ignore cuz errbardy bound to have something to say. Fast they say wah u fast, finally also say finally. Unnecessary stress for parents.

Read more