Weird boss

My boss is not a bad person to begin with. But somehow my working experience get weirder and weirder everyday He goes around telling majority of our suppliers that I’m pregnant when I don’t have the intention to tell any of them. Cos I don’t see a need. And I think it’s not morally right to tell others about staff’s personal life. I don’t personally know all these suppliers and I don’t deal with them often/directly. Then when supplier has illogical request like resending the same email (which was already done), my boss simply blames it on my pregnancy telling those suppliers “bcos she’s pregnant, it’s unavoidable that she will be forgetful and makes mistakes.” Like Whhuutt?!?! Is it even fair that he blames it on my pregnancy? I tried to tell him what really happened regarding the email thing but he didn’t want to listen. And he’s always making remarks like “it’s ok to forget, you are pregnant” or “I try not to ask rely on you for the data bcos you are pregnant” Somehow he just made me feel that being pregnant was a mistake and that I will definitely compromise my work. I feel so upset. I want to work so that I can be financially independent but he’s making it tough. The mental stress is real.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey chill mummy! I know our hormones can cause us to rage easily or get effected even for the slightest matter. I think he is taking extra precautions knowing that you are pregnant .. perhaps he doesn’t know how to deal with pregnancy itself so pardon him if you say he is not a bad person to begin with …perhaps he is trying to be extra nice to you due to your pregnancy and nothing against you at work… Nonetheless, regardless how you feel, try to see things on a brighter side because you need to hang in there at least until you have you maternity benefit ! 😁😁😁

Read more

You should make it right once for all as an employee, it is unfair for you that your boss is doing like that towards you and sharing all your personal things to others as you mentioned. For me ill screenshot or snap pic to ensure whatever I do save my a** and boss has no right to blame on my pregnancy. To me work is work, pregnant is pregnant. Dont blame on pregnancy and make you feel guilty. Meanwhile, you just relax and focus whats good. If it doesnt benefit you or doing any positivity to your life then one left ear in and out

Read more

Some people are just “sensitively insensitive”! As long as you don’t think your boss is doing it out of bad intentions to hurt you, I think it’s just his way of communicating that needs work. Seems like he’s saying it to protect you, but doesn’t understand that it can be quite annoying to blame everything on pregnancy. Prolly just don’t have v high EQ😅 pardon him

Read more

hi mummy i think your boss just want to protect u.i think also he never intention to blame on your pregnancy.i know being pregnant we feel fast upset or irritate those small matters.Just enjoy work be happy.As long as he everytime say IT'S OKAY😊😊forgive him of what he does and be happy try to chill to relax your self🙂🙂

Read more

I feel he has no ill intentions to begin with, maybe just not knowing how to deal with a pregnant staff and all. Compared to my boss who indirectly asked me why I got pregnant knowing the department has shortage of manpower at this point (due to many resignations), I’d rather have a boss like yours to deal with. No kidding.

Read more