First Trimester Coffee

Hi, can we drink coffee in first trimester? Currently 9w and very sleepy at work. Can we drink those nespresso capsule?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

9 weeks now. I try to quit it completely, and take only decaf about 2-3 cups a week. I’m 38, so we’re trying to reduce whatever risks we can. I end up being so tired, I have to take naps but I guess that way my body is getting the rest it needs during this crucial times! 😄 I don’t crave coffee at all, strangely

Read more

I did. Every pregnancy is different! As far as I know, you can still drink coffee/tea when you're pregnant. Just limit your caffeine intake ☕I remembered craving for Coke in my first trimester, and I just drink it. Went for a check up and everything was fine. I'm almost 9 months pregnant now.

VIP Member

my oby told me that coffee is still okay but only decaf. but Im still drinking my regular coffee tho. Since im on a graveyard shift. Just one cup of coffee is good. 9 weeks preggy too. 😊😊😊

Super Mum

It's good to cut down but you don't have to go cold turkey. I found cold teh helps me feel energized in the morning. You can also try decaf coffee.

First trimester is a crucial stage. Advised not to but if really have to, avoid brewed coffee that has higher caffeine level.

VIP Member

Yes, you can add more milk so that the caffeine is not too much. choose capsule with less intensity and drink in moderation

TapFluencer

Hi I try to avoid as much as possible. Have a Nespresso machine so I switched to decaf, and drink only occasionally.

Can drink but dont drink full cup try drinking half cup especially starbucks coffee is high in caffein

VIP Member

I did drink but I will try to avoid if possible. Try getting those chicken essence, work for me :)

Should be fine in moderation… I found this: https://sg.theasianparent.com/caffeine-during-pregnancy/