Does wearing binder helps in toning and slimming our flabby tummy after birth? How long should we wear the binder to see the results?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After delivery, binding helps so that the belly skin does not fall down. As always, when it comes to weight lost efforts, a combination of exercises and diet is recommended for the best results. If you are keeping to a healthy diet and engaging in regular activity, using a tummy binder may help you get back your pre-pregnancy body back sooner. For ladies who went through normal birth, it will take approximately six weeks for the uterus to shrink back to its normal size. An abdominal binder may help speed up this process. Binders could be worn the entire day or for however long it is comfortable for the mother. Typically, the binders are used for four to six weeks after pregnancy. You can start wearing an abdominal binder as soon as (or within) one week after birth. For ladies who went through C-section, it is advised to use the binder only after the surgery stitch is healed (usually at least six wee after delivery). Abdominal binders or tummy wraps could offer abdominal support for C-Section by compressing the abdominal tissues to reduce pain, shrink swelling and also help get your shape back sooner. In all, it is best to combine tummy wraps with good diet and exercise to help regain the pre-pregnancy figure. My friend tried tummy wrap (for a month) together with post pregnancy massage. She restarted her exercise regime once her doctor cleared her for physical activities. After eight months, she is just 6kg from her pre-pregnancy weight and is able to fit into most of her clothing (except those really figure hugging ones). But she was saying that diet plays an important role. As she is still breastfeeding, she makes sure she keeps to a healthy and balanced diet most of the time. She eat enough and drinks a lot of water to ensure that she is not compromising her baby’s health. She recommends tummy wrap as she feels that it helped with her recovery and did not see any harm to her body.

Read more
5y ago

Can wear straight after surgery. That's what my Dr get e nurse to wear for me. It helps the healing and reduce pain too.

As the above ladies have mentioned, it does work wonders although I personally find it very uncomfortable to use in long stretches of hours. I much prefer the traditional Javenese tummy wrap instead. For me it was much more comfortable, and works just as well as the tummy binder. I wore the tummy wrap from about 10am to 9pm, then I'd shower and sleep. Before wearing it again the next day. I didn't wear it for long though, maybe just 2+ weeks but I was already very happy with results.

Read more

Yes, my friends used belly bandit bamboo after birth and i can see the results. They use it consistently after birth for about 2 to 3 months to get rid the flabby belly. It costs about $59 from Mothercare. My friends mentioned you have to purchase one size smaller than your ordinary size so the effect is greater as in can fit tighter.

Read more

I don't used binder after giving birth and now I'm having a problem with my belly fat(((( Yes, binder help..

VIP Member

Can use slimming gel with binder, will be able to accelerate the reduction in tummy flabbiness. :)

thanks

VIP Member

Yes, but it's really uncomfortable. Hot and itchy.