Does constant babywearing cause back pain or change in posture?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babywearing should not cause back pain and change in posture with an ergonomic carrier that is suitable for you if there is no underlying medical condition. Make sure that your body is conditioned for the extra load too. In some cases, some wearers would compensate the extra weight by bending backwards, similar to how some of the pregnant ladies walk. When using an ergonomic carrier such as soft structured carriers, ring slings or woven wraps just to name a few, you should maintain a good posture. Babywearing during pregnancy (with no complications) would even help to maintain a good posture. I am still carrying my 3yo and 5yo. If you think the backaches are caused by your carrier, check with your retailer again to see if you are wearing it correctly or approach any of the babywearing consultants.

Read more

I agree with Huey-Ruh. It is indeed important to understand the babywearing techniques. Choosing a suitable babywearing gear with proper adjustments is crucial. With an ergonomic carrier and proper skill, you will enjoy babywearing your little ones rather than experiencing aches here and there. You can join babywearing Singapore Facebook group to learn from one another or approach www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg to have a one-stop location of trying carriers and rent for a week or 2 to feel the supportiveness of it. Do join the upcoming workshop conducted by certified babywearing consultant if it helps you in a way or another. Happy Babywearing! :)

Read more
Post reply image

i don't know about everyone but in my case, i did have a lot of trouble. i used to carry my first born in the baby sling, but it caused me a lot of pain in my shoulder and lower back. even though the sling was from a very reputed brand, it caused long term side effects for me. i stopped using it then and didn't use it for my second baby

Read more