Does anyone have recommendations for a potty trainer? I saw these at Mothercare - anyone tried them and have a view?

Post image
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have exactly the same thing! :-) But with this one, you'd have to put a plastic bag on it each time your lo makes a pee or poo or you'd have to set it up in the adult's toilet and carry your lo there each time he/she needs to go. So if you are only starting to potty train, I'd suggest the kid's potty (as shown but varies and you can get them cheap from ikea). So if your lo needs to go, he/she just rushes there, pulls his/ her own pants down, and sit. Easy for both of you. As for that one you showed, it's perfect for travelling or when you're out and your lo needs to use the public toilet. You can also use that one in your own toilet when your lo is more ready to use the adult's toilet. You can put a step in front of the toilet so he/she can easily reach it.

Read more
Post reply image

My friend received the Summer Infant Story Time Potty at her baby shower. It's basically a talking story telling potty haha to keep your child occupied during potty time! Your child will love the cute frog design and the included book, the interactive panel that reads a story as well as encourages their "efforts". There is an integrated splash guard, large and easy-to-remove pot, and wipe-able storybook. It is adorable if I might say so myself! Because it was a present, not too sure which store it is from. I did a Google search and apparently it retails for 32USD on Amazon.com. Fishpond.com.sg used to stock them but they are currently out of stock.

Read more
Post reply image
4y ago

mình ơi vào like ảnh hộ bé nhà mình với ạ https://community.theasianparent.com/booth/961200?d=android&ct=b&share=true

For me, I used traditional potty which costs $2 to be used at home. It is very economical and easier to clean compared to those fanciful designs. After use the potty for about 2 months, I slowly transit my kids to toilet seat. When we are shopping or traveling, we will just hold our kids at toilet bowl for them to pee/poo. The 2in1 Potette Plus I was actually considered to buy it but I feel it is too bulky for us to bring around with us.

Read more

I am using basic potty trainer, same as your picture. But I bought the fav cartoon character of my lo so that he will sit on it. I bought a plain type and my lo just refused to sit on it. So,I would say some trial and error needed to see the child's preference.

Post reply image
TapFluencer

mình ơi vào like ảnh hộ bé nhà mình với ạ https://community.theasianparent.com/booth/961200?d=android&ct=b&share=true

I tried this. Useful for me. I brought it along when I brought my 3 year old for staycation too.

Thank you for a very good question. I followed

I'm just using the toilet bowl directly.

VIP Member

T