In-laws

Does anyone have issues with parents-in-law? My LO (currently 5 months old) is taken care by my MIL when me and hubby is at work. My MIL used to be a babysitter so she’s quite good at babies. However, she got her own set of pantangs and way of educating the child, which is very different from me. I don’t believe in pantangs at all. She doesn’t believe in what We say when we explain to her. For example, there was once baby did not poo for a week, she got so ganchiong and kept calling over the weekend telling us to try this try that. We already explained to her nicely that this is normal for BF babies but her mindset is stuck with need to poo Everyday blablabla. This is just one example. Another example is, she kept saying baby should start on solids now. Me and my husband’s take is to follow baby’s cues, we don’t have a definite to start solids at 4 months or 6 months. We did try a little puree but feel that baby is not yet ready for it. But MIL keep saying that should start alr. So irritating? Sometimes, this really irritates me and I want to send my baby to infant care instead. Is like, why must I explain what I’m doing to her and why she keep giving suggestions that I don’t want to hear. I have my own style in doing things and parenting. But my hubby refuses as infant care is expensive and he thinks it’ll be better for baby to be under grandma’s care. I do agree with him but I think it’s only for my sanity. ? Does anyone has similar experience?

126 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

infant care has subsidies and i think it can be quite affordable if the two of you can afford. partly its coz the kid can get to expose to different surroundings and teachings. it will help in their growth. my inlaws wanted to help us to look after initially, suggesting we send to them on weekdays, bring back on Friday night to look after then Sunday night back to them. But I didnt want to because I will only be seeing my kid for that 2 days only and I am also afraid the way they teach and all will be different so I rather pay to put in IFC. older ppl will have their way of doing things and thinking coz the way they brought us up is like that and nothin happen too. so for me, to prevent conflicts, arguments and all, best is settle myself and send to school. at least i no need to bother abt others coz i decide for my own kod

Read more