In-laws

Does anyone have issues with parents-in-law? My LO (currently 5 months old) is taken care by my MIL when me and hubby is at work. My MIL used to be a babysitter so she’s quite good at babies. However, she got her own set of pantangs and way of educating the child, which is very different from me. I don’t believe in pantangs at all. She doesn’t believe in what We say when we explain to her. For example, there was once baby did not poo for a week, she got so ganchiong and kept calling over the weekend telling us to try this try that. We already explained to her nicely that this is normal for BF babies but her mindset is stuck with need to poo Everyday blablabla. This is just one example. Another example is, she kept saying baby should start on solids now. Me and my husband’s take is to follow baby’s cues, we don’t have a definite to start solids at 4 months or 6 months. We did try a little puree but feel that baby is not yet ready for it. But MIL keep saying that should start alr. So irritating? Sometimes, this really irritates me and I want to send my baby to infant care instead. Is like, why must I explain what I’m doing to her and why she keep giving suggestions that I don’t want to hear. I have my own style in doing things and parenting. But my hubby refuses as infant care is expensive and he thinks it’ll be better for baby to be under grandma’s care. I do agree with him but I think it’s only for my sanity. ? Does anyone has similar experience?

127 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here. Mine is full of criticism over every single tiny thing I do. My lo is 5 months also and insist I let her give whatever food she want. The thing is, is not about her eh. It’s about my child. If she is not ready means not ready mah? Rush for what? Keep comparing she take care of other grandkids also but not all babies is same mah. V annoying I fight with my hubby so many times cause his mother mah. But still, is my child. I say no means no. I told her she’s a mother herself and has her own ways of doing things, so please don’t interfere with mine. Then until now don’t want to talk to me and her daughters are being sarcastic towards me. Don’t care, do what’s best for you child. There’s a lot of subsidies or maybe just give her ultimatum, either take care how u want it or u send it to someone who can.

Read more
3y ago

Me too... Feel you, MIL also omg my LO is only 5mons old give gardenia bread 😔 i saw my daughter almost choke because the bread stuck on her mouth i run and take it give so big piece of bread 😔 after dat i never let my daughter left to my MIL...