Switching Child Preschool

Hi, my 2yr old has been with Little Footprints that is 2 buses away from where we are staying. The teachers are nice and my daughter is well adjusted there. Charging around 800 after subsidy. Recently managed to get a slot for her in the downstairs school MY World. MY World has this concept where they do not have a theme for each semester. Mostly free play, is that good? But the fees are half of what LFP is charging. I am.thinking of switching her due to lower fees and its just downstairs. But i am afraid it would be a bad choice for her. Any opinions??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wouldn't change the preschool since the child is already well-adjusted there unless there is a very compelling reason to do so. When it comes to choosing for the little ones, I will usually go with the tested choice, if all other factors (eg cost etc) permits. That is my personal approach. But let's say if are leaning towards changing to MY World, how do you access the childcare? Other than fees and convenience, do the facilities, teachers etc meet your requirements/standards? Children are still pretty adaptable at this young age so a change does not necessary mean it will have a negative impact on her. My 2 cents worth :)

Read more
6y ago

Hi, you are right. That is my main concern. I think i need to have more faith in our early childhood educational system. Trying not to be a kiasu parent. Let her learn at her own phase and interest should benefit her. Thanks for your input. :)

Hi! You might want to consider checking for reviews on online. While price is just one determinant of what you can expect from certain service providers, actual experiences can help you make a decision. There's a parenting group on theAsianparent fb where thousands of parents share reviews of different products and services. Maybe ask around there too!

Read more
6y ago

yep, i will go check it out. thanks alot!

Hi Mummy, Personally i wouldnt change. Mainly because your child is already well adjusted and bonus is that the teachers are nice! I also feel some sort of academic structure is important than just free play. Unless the fees is a top consideration in your decision, I wouldn't change just because its cheaper. just my personal thoughts.

Read more
6y ago

The fee is actually one of the 2 reasons why i need to change. But i know the fees will be reduced next year. Another reason is the convenience, my mil is d one sending and picking her up. 2 buses away, when it rains can be quite dangerous for her and my daughter.

Is your daughter already adjusted to the school? Does she have a Best Friend in school yet? It’s best not to change schools unless you really have a valid reasons. Is the few hundred savings is impt to your family then I would do it. If not I would stick to little foot prints

6y ago

i would love to stick to LFP but due to d fees and convenience la..

If you want academic type preschool then my world might not be best fit for you. My child went there in 2016. No complains. Bp branch. Chinese speaking environment Also it’s non aircon - windows open. Teachers and principle is friendly

Read more
6y ago

the centre downstairs has aircon, open concept learning areas.