Change of school

Hi mummies. My son is in P1 this yr. I have 2 more girls now in K1 + toddler class. My son got into a primary school further from our house (6 bus stops away and have to walk in about 200m to his school). The bus route to school is always flooded with people early in the morning. Currently hubby has been sending our son to sch by motorbike. I am afraid to imagine bringing 3 sleepy kids via a crowded bus.Im thinking of changing school nearer to home. Any tips on how or where do i even start? Do i look for the available locations first? Or do i inform the current school first? #WorriedMom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No you cannot choose any school even if it's very near to home. When I changed my son's school from Marsiling to CCK, he got the one that is 2 stops away from our house instead of the one just next to our new block. Depending on the slots available. Not the ones near to home. You have to inform the current school first that you want to change your child's school. They will pass you a form to fill in then have to give them back. Wait for the reply in your letterbox. The new school will contact you. Or you can also visit STEPS page on the MOE website then just follow the instructions there but to me informing the school first and get the form is faster.

Read more

Find a school nearer to home first , pls avoid sending your son by motorbike . Tat is so dangerous . I would rather getting in a crowded bus then allowing my son on a motorbike . Its against the rule . The youngest to be a pillion rider is 10 years old