Hello, For primary sch enrolment, does staying near increases the chance? Looks like if you aren't the alumni, has sibling it's really hard to get in. How do you manage ? Say if you have two primary school of choice, one near your own house in the west, and another near the grandparents house, how does the distance to school works? If it actually increase the chance, can we apply 2 different primary school that are located very far apart?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I believe all primary schools give siblings priority unless it's a single gender school and the sibling is of an opposite gender. From what I know, I do not think that you can apply two. You have to apply one and if not selected then can apply another. As to distance to school if stay with grandparents, that is an interesting question because they normally refer to the residential address. Unless you are leaving child at grandparents home for weekdays? Can't really help you on this. Sorry! It will be good for me to know too if there's anyone who can answer this :)

Read more
VIP Member

Usually they will refer to your home address rather then the grandparents address. Do you intend to place your child over the grandparents house during the weekdays?

7y ago

Yes yes but based on location to school will still be under phase 2 c?

Yes they will give priority if older sibling is in the school and also based on registered home address.