What to do for prolonged jaundice?

Does anyone have any advise or experience of baby with prolonged jaundice? My son is 1 month plus old already. His jaundice levels is still within the 200 plus range. Previously, he had a 24 hour phototherapy at kkh, which helps to bring down to 100 plus. But then the jaundice levels slowly crept back up the week after. When back to kkh and did a series of blood tests, and all is okay though. So I recently tried to do mixed feeding of 1 to 2 fm a day. I also bathe him in the yellow flower water and bring him for sun tanning. But it does not seem to help. He still sleeps a lot and he still looks yellow. What else can I do? Should I change to full fm?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! This is what i did for my son when he got his jaundice. I follow the old school way. This is call Kayu Sepang. You boiled this thing with water, let it boil for few minutes. You can reuse it again for 3 days. Then u take the water alil and mix with warm water and let it cool down again then bathe ur son. Do it everyday.. my son jaundice drop from 200 to below 180. You can get it here mummy! And no need to put him under the sun! Doesnt help much. https://shop.barakah.sg/products/barakah-herbs-kayu-sepang-100-30g?_pos=1&_sid=8283521e6&_ss=r

Read more
1y ago

Meaning u take like half from the boiled herbs and mix with half of warm water.😂