Does any of you apply body lotion on your little one after bath? Is there any recommended brand? My boy is turning 1 next month.

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

According to WebMD.com, newborn babies do not need lotion because their skin is actually very moist beneath the top layer of skin. If your baby skin is dry, try to pick a very mild lotion that is free of fragrance or dyes. http://www.newkidscenter.com/When-Can-You-Put-Lotion-On-A-Newborn.html I would recommend brand such as California baby lotion.

Read more

I alternate between diaper cream and Thomson baby lotion but don't really apply anything on baby's body. My friend passed me a sample of Neal's yard baby balm and it was really good. It's moisturizing yet does not dry up oily.

Post reply image

Yes totally I use coconut oil and body lotion and it has turned into a mini massage session and he enjoys it! It also creates intimate bonding between you and little one and it helps maintain their skin etc etc

VIP Member

It's not necessary, but I apply Biolane moisturiser on her after bathing. Biolane is specially formulated for babies' skin and are paraben and alcohol free.

Post reply image

I am using Mustela, but have see your baby skin condition cos a lot of different types (normal,dry,sensitive skin)

VIP Member

Physiogel, QV, cetaphil, and many more for baby is good, If ur baby got no skin problem.

VIP Member

Yes .. every time , I am using centaphil , dove, aveeno I feel all r good

I use Merries body lotion no smell no fragrance so far so good!

I used Mustela lotion in the day ans Biolane at night :)

thanks