Baby care after bath

Ftm here, is it necessary to put alot of different products on baby after bath/wipe down? Aside from nappy cream, Is body lotion, telon oil and face cream sufficient? Anything else i need to use ? And for nappy cream (will be using sudocream), do i need to apply after ever nappy change ? #FTM #firstbaby

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

depends on the baby's skin condition. nappy cream only when skin is reddish. if i change the diaper often, then i don't really use the nappy cream. lotion everytime after bath/wipe down. I noticed that the baby's skin is flaky when I stopped for a while, so since then I use lotion everytime, including the face (use the same lotion that can b applied to face and body). lastly abit of ruyi medicated oil on the tummy and soles. we followed the confinement lady's method.

Read more

I only put telon oil and body lotion, some days when I am in a rush i’ll skip the lotion oops, but so far my baby skin is ok. I think face cream not necessary unless your baby’s skin is extremely dry. Sudocrem / Purple Desitin is good for bad nappy rash, need not apply after every nappy change. For daily use and prevention, if you want you can use milder nappy cream like earth mama, ceradan, cetaphil etc

Read more

I only put Telon oil. Nappy cream Desitin only if baby's butt looks reddish (meaning signs of rash) otherwise I don't put. No lotion too as so far my boy's skin is ok. Don't want to put too much stuff on newborn.

VIP Member

dont forget the olive oil for scalp! helps with cradle cap or just to moisturize the skin there. telon and lotion is good stuff. butt cream cheaper options are drapolene. if not mustela and desitin.

Newborn I used lotion then nappy cream (Sudocrem) then ruyee oil after wipe down/bath. Don’t need to apply after ever change. Now at 18m I just use body lotion and nappy cream after bath.

Nappy cream is important to prevent diaper rash. No need to put so many lotion and creams, I only use kodomo lotion (I don't like talc powder). baby skin is very sensitive

Depend on individual. I put on nappy cream when necessary. Body lotion and face cream when she has dry skin. Otherwise most of the time telon oil and minyak urang aring.

Nappy cream is important to prevent diaper rash. No need to put so many lotion and creams, I only use kodomo lotion (I don't like talc powder).

TapFluencer

just body lotion & diaper cream for my LOs not every time but as and when necessary