My LO is turning one month next Thursday. Do I have to prepare cakes for my colleagues? What is the usual practice? If so, is there any recommendation bakery of affordable full month cakes? Thanks!

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats :) Cakes/goodies are usually only given to the relatives of both the parents - all the Aunty, uncles, 1 "cake" per family. I used bengawan solo cakes. U can go to the store and purchase the cake vouchers (there are plain cakes to those w the "kui" kind) and then just hand it out (mail or ask ur parents to give). They can go redeem at their own convenience - save the hassle of collecting numerous boxes and related logistics If u are holding a 1 month celebration party, u can invite family and friends. Minimum have to still give cake to relatives. Friends and colleagues is really up to ur consideration - convenience, budget, how close etc

Read more
VIP Member

We gave cakes or cake vouchers to colleagues who visited, sent gifts, or attended baby shower. At another work place where number of colleagues were more, we bought boxes of cakes and tarts and placed in the pantry for them to help themselves with. We ordered from Sweetest Moments for boxes of cakes, Bengawan Solo for cake vouchers, Prima Deli and Pine Gardens for cakes and tarts for sharing

Read more

there’s also sweetest moment packages where you can either buy boxes of sweet treats (including red eggs and ang ku kueh) to give out. usually these are given to families and friends/colleagues who have your baby gifts/ang pow/visited you at the hospital and bought you tonics etc.

Congrats as your wish if you want it. celebrate first month is a good luck for your baby. Bengawan solo cake not bad price is affordable and you can but cake voucher there for friends or relative not carry back home they can collect at their nearby bengawan solo outlet.

VIP Member

It’s not compulsory. It’s more of a way to say ‘thank you’ for giving my baby gifts, for attending our baby’s party. You can give them vouchers to redeem for cakes at their convenience. Bengawan solo, Polar, Cedele, Sweetest Memories have these.

VIP Member

Distribution of one month cakes is usually for family and relatives . U can consider Bengawan solo one month celebration cake vouchers for colleagues. Nice and at affordable cost.

Congrats to you! It's a really nice gesture to distribute cakes. Bengawang solo sells vouchers of you find it difficult to deliver as cakes are perishable products.

VIP Member

I invite colleagues to 100 days celebration so I didn’t give them the one month cakes. They came and I have cupcakes and all for them.

VIP Member

chinese will usually prep red eggs and ang koh kuih (baby girl is round n flat kind, baby boy is pointy) for guests to take home.

Usually cakes are distributed for one's relatives. For friends, it's up to your personal preference :)