Do you bring your babies in movie houses?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think there will be any harmful impact on the baby. However, your own movie experience may be compromised as you will likely need to attend to him/her throughout the movie. Loud sounds from the movie may startle the baby or he/she may need feeding. Depending on how old your baby is, for infants, they will not be able to understand the movie. Though it may still be an interesting experience for him/her. If there is a short movie available, it may be worth considering. In general, I would still propose saving a movie treat for later when the baby is older. For now, a home movie date with the whole family may be a better option. At least one would get to enjoy a show in the comfort of one's own home and not having to worry about other movie-goers as well. :)

Read more

If it was a movie event specifically catered for babies and parents, then yes. I think Golden Village in Singapore used to organise such events a few years back. I haven't found any new information of it this year but who knows, keep a look out and maybe they will have it again. If not, I wouldn't bring baby to the cinema on a normal basis. I've been in situations where the baby cries and the frantic parent had to rush out of the theatre to tend to the child. Moreover, in the dark of the cinema, people can be unforgiving and mean when babies start crying, shouting at the parents to leave :(

Read more

I only brought my children to movie house when they were around 3 years old. Of course, each child is different, so take your cues from your child's behavior at home: If she can stay fairly still throughout a whole children's TV show or video, she's probably ready to make the move to the big screen, regardless of her age. However, if your child fidgets a lot, wanders off in the middle, or plays with toys instead of watching the TV, it's probably best to hold off for a while.

Read more
VIP Member

I brought my girl to finding dory, and she loves it. Watch peacefully throughout with a pack of fries or some popcorn. She already loves it during the trailer shown on tv. Ice Age. Fail. I open at home and show her, she is no interested, go in also not interested, so very noisy up down up down. No interest mean no interest. Make sure ur kids got interest before u bring them watch.

Read more

i brought my son when he is 1 yr old as too small is not good for their eye drum. also i will get the aisle seat so that i can go out immediately if he make a big fuss. lucky for me, he didnt and he loves to watch movie till now 4.5 yrs old. when he dont like the movie he will just lie on me and fall asleep throughout the movie and wake up when the movie ended :)

Read more

My gal's first movie experience was when she was 4 years old because I don't have to courage to bring her not knowing if she will like it or throw tantrums wanting to leave. I finally brought her when she was 4 and was glad that she enjoy it though she told me she's a little bit scare of the loud system.

Read more

Yep, took her to a night show when she was 15mo -- mostly slept through it. Tried again for Zootopia when she was 22mo, she freaked out with all that noise and preferred to sleep instead. I'll keep trying time and again but I think there's still some time before she understands and enjoys movies.

Read more

No I dun cos I tin it too young... I tin it bad for their eyes on ear and if they Dun feel comfortable they cry it will be a disturb to other and we parent have to rush the kid out.. I will bring them maybe when they r at the age of 3 when they r more stable...

I don't want to expose my toddlers (3 and 1 yo) yet to movie houses as this early age simply because of the overly loud audio and the possible crowd there could be. Maybe when they're 5-7 years old, I would allow them to go on their first movie experience.

Yup, babies and kids too. Especially for gold class cinema. I love the kids menu. :)

Post reply image