Going out tips

Hi mummies looking for going out tips here! For your babies who have started solids, do you cook in advance and bring out or do you buy instant bottled food and bring out inside. If yes what brands do you get?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hello mommy you can take any instant cereal powder (eg: Gerber/Cerelac) with you, all that you have to do is to add warm water, stir and serve to the baby. Alternatively you can prepare this powder at home too (many recipes available in YouTube for homemade instant cereal). Another simple thing is to carry a banana and bent fork/masher with you. Just mash the banana and using the fork/masher and give to the baby. Depends on how long you will stay outside. I have also tried Heinz pear puree, apple puree (apple sauce they call it), banana puree which are also good. You can mix them with the instant cereal or give it as is. But my baby felt the puree to be slightly sour so I usually mix it with Gerber cereal and give it. Hope this helps

Read more

when my baby first started on purée i sometimes buy packet purées to bring out n feed him on the go - there are a lot of good brands out there like Rafferty’s Garden. now that he’s eating porridge i will cook in advance and bring it out in a tumbler.

TapFluencer

depends on availability I think put emphasis on having homemade food with you