Do you think its too early for my 2 year old son (turning 3 this September) to go to school already? He doesnt have much friends in the neighborhood because both me and my husband works and he just usually stays inside our house with my parents during daytime. Because of this, I want him to be enrolled in school for him to have social interaction with other children. Thanks!

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For an only child, its important to get enrolled in school. He needs same aged children's company for speech and physical development. We almost had same circumstances and I enrolled my son at playschool at age 2years 3 months. And there was very big and good difference.

my son was enrolled when he is 23 month.. it took him almost 4 month to get use to sch.. and he is now very happy when came back from sch.. most impt my son able to speak more words now.. can see the difference before and after to sch...

Not at all you're not going to teach him what he needs to know he needs to be with teachers that are certified to get him ready for the real world the real world isn't as nice as us you have the raisin for society

My gal is in cc since 18 months as I wanted to go back to work . She seems to pick up language skills very fast . Independent & sociable too . So I think it's ok to send them in early

i enrolled my 2yo boy to playgroup which is 3hr class i hope to get him to hav social interactive w other kids as he is e only kid at hm i oso wan him to be independent in school

I will say its not to early if you working outside. I sent my girl when she is 10 months in childcare. She make lot of friends and learn lot of things

No it's not allot of lottery funded schools or "day cares" offer pre k and other programs for younger age children and it's free

I think it's okay! And it is better for the kids to be socializing early. They can learn how to share and help one another

Definitely not to early :) especially helpful because we mostly spoke English at home, so our kids learn their Chinese in school.

i think is ok to start early . . as kids can explore and learn new thing from school and also be more independent and sociable.