First Doctor’s Appointment

Just discovered that’s I’m 4 weeks preggy & I’ll be scheduling my first doctor’s appointment next week! Any tips to share on what I should be prepared for?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Congrats! First of all, there are 2 types of scans. Earlier weeks would be transvaginal scan and for 9 weeks and above, would be ultrasound scan. for my secondborn, i purposely went to polyclinic to get a referral letter to kkh on my 9th week, because i am veryyy scared of transvaginal scan and prefer ultrasound. i was shocked that i had to do it for my firstborn because really,i am scared of everything. hahaha. but if you are feeling ok, and have no concerns, i suggest you wait because evenif you go earlier, you mite, not see the baby or hear the heartbeat and mite make you feel worried and anxious. but if you go, you will still hv to come bck for ultrasound scan. so abit leceh. haha. before you go, make sure you drink plenty of water as you mite need to pee on stick. but when i went for mine last year, i dont hv to. they straight away gave me a referral ltr. probably because of covid period. lastly, pls start eating folic acid. do not wait for dr's apptmnt. i recommend taking Blackmore's Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advanced/ Gold. Take care!

Read more
3y ago

I took the Blackmore's P and BF Gold right when i was TCC. It's best to start 1 mth before trying to conceive so that our body is well prepared. I think it stated it as well. i think i chose it because it not only contains folic acid but also other important minerals needed for the babys growth. ols start eating now. i think, you probably can go on your 7th week earliest. I'm not sure. so that by the time kkh is available, it'll be ard your 9th or 10th week. i just checked, i went on my 10th week, and got my first appt on my 13th week. umm I'm not sure if you cn ask directly for ultrasound. because i have not tried hehe.