First Doctor’s Appointment

Just discovered that’s I’m 4 weeks preggy & I’ll be scheduling my first doctor’s appointment next week! Any tips to share on what I should be prepared for?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to go with a full bladder. So that can hopefully see more things since the fetus is still very very very small :) My gynae didn’t get me to PEe on stick as I told him I did it at home and the line was super dark, so I guess he help me save cost. So may or may not ask u to pee on stick, depends on your gynae. My personal preference is try not to use the vaginal probe ultrasound method, just to be safe. Perhaps ask gynae whether can just do stomach ultrasound. If it’s too small to see anything (as per my case when I was 5/6 weeks at first check), then just go back a few weeks later to get a clearer picture. My gynae also didn’t want to do vaginal probe for me this early in pregnancy, but I know diff gynae have diff methods so 🤷‍♀️ Meanwhile it’s still good to go for check up and see whatever can be seen. Also doc may prescribe some supplements to help you stabilize the pregnancy esp first trimester. So it won’t be a wasted trip.

Read more
3y ago

Just purchased today! Thank you once again!!