First Doctor’s Appointment

Just discovered that’s I’m 4 weeks preggy & I’ll be scheduling my first doctor’s appointment next week! Any tips to share on what I should be prepared for?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations! If this is your first ultrasound, the nurse will be prepping you on the table - you have to hitch your clothes up to show your belly, and she will apply a gel below your belly button and cover your underwear and legs with a sheet before doc comes in. I find it easier to wear a loose top or shorter dress. Keeping some urine in your bladder will help get a better ultrasound too. Prepare a list of questions for the gynae. Eg what symptoms to look out for, dietary and lifestyle restrictions. Check too if there's been any complications/illnesses in your family history and highlight to the gynae if any as they may be pregnancy risks for you Eg diabetes, thalessaemia

Read more
3y ago

Thank you so much, Raven! I’m not sure if there will be any ultrasound as this will be my first doctor’s appointment after doing my own tests at home 😂 Thus, really really unprepared and unsure of what’s about to come!