Down Syndrome Test

Just did my Down Sydrome screening and blood test at week 12. My background risk is 1:57, after the test results (which are normal), its adjusted to 1:209. But I am still on the high risk category as I am within 1:300. Wonder if I need to go for further test like Harmony. Any thoughts are appreciated!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

how did u know your background risk? what is that? i just did my fts too. scan was normal, nasal bone seen and very defined, NT was 1.6mm. im 36 yrs old. now waiting for blood test. 4 days passed since.

2y ago

oh. i went for my test 4 days ago. i dont have any reports. except a yellow form indicating the NT and telling me verbally that all normal. ask me to wait for blood test and if anything, will call me within 1 week.

imho, u should, just to be on the safe side? and if your finances allow? I was informed before that ideally the ratio is beyond 1:300, best in thousands

I took NIPT too. Tho it was more expensive compared to OSCAR, but it was for a peace of mind.

yes you should as its more accurate plus you can get to know your baby's gender! :)

Yes, same. I went for NIPT for peace of mind. It was fine.

VIP Member

Go for NIPT!