Down syndrome test

Hi mummies, I did my Oscar test at week 12 and the result I got was high risk of 1:9 = 11% of down syndrome for my baby.. Did any mummies experience this before? And what you all did or chose to do in the end? My hub and I decided not to go further checks as no matter what results it is, we will still give birth to the baby. This baby is our 2nd child.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Since you and ur hubby will keep the child no matter what, there’s no need to go for further check. I feel that you should only check if you want to rely on the result to make a decision. Since the decision has been made, there’s no need to check. Maybe you will want to check and read up More on how to bring up /manage a special need child?

Read more

Hi! May I check if everything turned out well in the end?