Did you create a social media account or fan page solely for your kids?

58 Replies
Write a reply

no, two reasons . first reason being there are way too many creeps online these days , that is invasion of my child's privacy in my opinion I know I wouldn't want a bunch of photos of myself online for everyone to look at when I was a child . Instead I made an email I plan to give my kids the password to at 16 . I send all the pictures to that email, and also send emails if we had a memorable day about what happened that day

Read more

We created one joint account for our 3kids. Profile photo and also the cover photo is not their face. It is a private account. We only add up close family members to the account. Not even our friends to it. And we make sure not to share certain types of photos.. photos in bathing suits etc. Also we do not upload and tag our location immediately. We do a throwback and wont say the date and time at all.

Read more

haha no way. They'll eventually create one for themselves. My nephew is only 5 and he already made one for himself lol. He learnt how to swipe earlier than he learnt how to use a pencil! I think it's more like our job to teach them about internet safety and be their "policeman". We can't stop em, might as well be the person they turn to instead for everything, tech support included haha!

Read more

No. I don't want to expose too much information about my kids, the whereabouts and the like. It scares me whenever I hear news about minors who are victims of different hineous crimes. It's really absurd, and I want to keep my children away from any of it. My role as a parent if to protect the privacy of my child at all times.

Read more

One of my closest friends also has created social media accounts for her baby (now turning 3). She uses facebook and instagram as her medium to record her baby's milestones. She said it is a form of a public diary for her baby. I've seen some prominent people do this as well. Baby Olivia for one is an example.

Read more

Hi, Yes, I have one of my daughter's but lately I do not update it as much. Plus my husband raised security concerns about sharing her pictures and all in social media after which I have become skeptical and now think of deactivating it and probably let her have her own account when she grows up.

Read more

Nope. Your kid doesn't need one yet and I think it's best if your kids make one of their own when they're big enough. Social media is for being social online. Kids who aren't ready should just stay away for as long as they can, cause when they grow up they'll for sure be on it 24/7. :)

Read more

Not a good idea, too much stuffs on the internet better to keep everything as private as possible in your own profile or maybe a hard disk. With the children trafficking and kidnappings, no one can say what can happen. Better be safe then sorry.

Read more

I would suggest against it. Children don't need it, and what that only does is make it easier for strangers and pedophiles to have access to photos of your kids and use it for their purposes

Yes, I did. We created a private Instagram account for our close friends and family. Especially during Covid with our friends and families overseas not being able to meet or see our baby.