head cushion

Dear mummies, Did you all get the head cushion for babies so that it'll protect their back head when they fall? It's those that they carry like a bag. I personally dont advocate it as i feel that babies should learn from their falls but my mum insisted as she mentioned that he'll knock his head until gong gong. what's your opinion on it ?

head cushion
12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My baby mostly falls on her forehead so I feel this is not very helpful 😅, if it's heavy it may make baby lose balance also. Every baby will fall once in a while when they learn to walk, it is only natural and usually won't leave any long term damage. I think it's better to baby proof the house instead (get rid of sharp corners, cover plugs, lock cabinets, put soft mat on the floor)

Read more
Super Mum

Don't see a need in buying this. Baby might lose his balance when carrying this bag. Moreover, you cannot predict which way he is going to fall. Best to have someone with him and watch him when he is starting to walk.

VIP Member

Dun need to get this. We, as parents, and adults need to be vigilant and pay attention if he/she should be crawling. Or give him/her a safe environment to crawl in.

Super Mum

Not needed..just get a play mat and do tummy time often will help with balance

VIP Member

Do you mean head support for stroller or on bed?

4y ago

Oh. This is a phase. He’s not stable in sitting & standing yet. I would suggest make lo practice in sitting down on sofa or place cushion or small pillow behind his back Everyday. If he’s learning to stand, still need support. Stand behind n guide from behind when he’s trying to stand. Never leave him one Sec. Also can consider use a big pillow n put on floor behind him. Or push walker n guide along. Or you can use a baby walker ( second hand or pass down) if u have for 15mins-20mins daily.

VIP Member

I did not used it for my kid

TapFluencer

Not necessary

Nope never

No didnt

Nope