10 weeks old baby fussy nap

Dear mummies, Anyone has experience on a 10 weeks old baby, who has trouble napping? The situation is like this: He can only rely on the spring cot to sleep and whenever he uses the pacifier to soothe himself to sleep, he will smack it away or spit it out shortly after. This causes him to be awake and this cycle repeats. He is quite fussy and can’t seem to sleep for long as he will move about once the spring cot stops bouncing or whenever the pacifier is out of his mouth. Only during day naps, at night I will put him in the Love to Dream swadde and sleep in his cot once fell asleep from the sprint cot. He hates swaddling during day times.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, that's totally normal. My boy hated swaddle. Everyone told us tt it'll help to calm baby down but my baby wld cry so hard and non-stop if we swaddled him up. It started when he was just 3-4wks old so we stopped swaddling him then. And nth else worked to make him sleep except for me to latch him on. Carrying and rocking didnt work at all, his automatic rocker was a huge waste of money and he outright rejected pacifier. So yes, first 3 months were exhausting for me as the only way tt he cld sleep was to latch, day naps and night time, I was literally on the bed round the clock. The only other way he'll slp on his own was in the car tt there were a few times we were at our wits' end and drove ard for an hour just to make him sleep! But somehow aft he reached 3 months, he started to learn to sleep on his own. I started to give him bottle. He wld whine and make some noises, flip and turn and not long aft we wld find him sleeping. Sometimes he wld cry but I left him to cry a lil and soon he slept. Though, I still need to latch him most of the time to sleep at 3-4 months he started to be able to slp on his own for some of his daytime naps. Now at 6 months, I only latch him to sleep at night. Don't worry, babies will learn to sleep on their own one day, some earlier, some later. Just let him sleep the way he's comfortable with for now cz baby is still learning to adapt to his env.

Read more