Hubby’s involvement in baby duties

Dear mummies how involved are your husbands on day to day baby duties? My hubby reaches home at 7pm, we have dinner and he only spends a v short time with baby before I prepare her for bed time at 9pm. Full latch until she falls asleep. I have tried asking him to bottle feed but after that he can’t get baby to sleep successfully and I still need to wrap up. Also saying I need to understand as he is working and I am not. I am like yes you are working but work life was so much easier than SAHM with no income and 24/7 job with lesser sleep than him. He is outside watching TV while I latch baby to sleep and expect baby to sleep with no fussiness and when he’s tired just come into bedroom to sleep. I feel like I am all alone in parental duties sometimes.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My hubby will try his best to get involved as much as I felt he has a full day outside. Sometimes, we will think SAHM is more tiring but at times hubby has to face a lot of things at works, with colleagues, customers, boss etc So I say, try not to get upset so much compare else it will make your life miserable. Maybe work out with your hubby that try to help out after his work once a week and then full involvement during weekends. BTW I'm a SAHM too.. I do felt the same way u did but I gave it a lot of thoughts and felt this will caused a lot of arguments and unhappiness if you compared too much.. Enjoy your time with your baby :) Jiayou! 💪🏻

Read more