Hubby’s involvement in baby duties

Dear mummies how involved are your husbands on day to day baby duties? My hubby reaches home at 7pm, we have dinner and he only spends a v short time with baby before I prepare her for bed time at 9pm. Full latch until she falls asleep. I have tried asking him to bottle feed but after that he can’t get baby to sleep successfully and I still need to wrap up. Also saying I need to understand as he is working and I am not. I am like yes you are working but work life was so much easier than SAHM with no income and 24/7 job with lesser sleep than him. He is outside watching TV while I latch baby to sleep and expect baby to sleep with no fussiness and when he’s tired just come into bedroom to sleep. I feel like I am all alone in parental duties sometimes.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let him take care of the baby 1 day over the weekend. He will know. We are more tiring. We r facing baby 24/7. We can't even take an hr or 2 to relax ourselves. My hubby works too. After work he will help out with the household chores and also baby. Weekend he will bath for baby. Play and have bonding. When I do moping or vacuum he will bring children n baby out for walk at the park. So I can concentrate. At times he will cook as well. As I don't have time or pretty tired. Get him invole. By letting go 2hrs let him try. You will say u go do something urgent or maybe awhile break. Then he will know. Bringing money back doesn't mean is a big deal. We need to share duty as baby are both of you all.

Read more