Working Mom

Dear mommy, wonder by which week we are advised to stop working to prepare for labour? I'm thinking to start taking leave by end of week 37. Not sure if it is too early or late?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on your priority.. i wanted more rest time and take care of myself so i on unpaid since week 30. This will be my only child, so i decided to have more time watching my diet n preparing for his arrival ..

I wanted to work till week 38 but, my colleagues was so afraid I might go on labour. No choice, I went on HL at week 37 to rest at home.

5y ago

Ok.. i will check with my gynae

TapFluencer

I work till I give birth. Haha.. To save on my leave so I can have extra in case my baby fall sick or need check up

Super Mum

Thinking to take HL from wk36.. regret nv take for the first one.. dun waste the chance to rest.. haha

5y ago

Yah but heard some company policy will deem any leave taken before due date as the start of maternity leave. So have to find out from hr first :)

Super Mum

Gynae suggested to stop working after week 37. I'm currently still working at week 38.

VIP Member

I was thinking of taking leave at wk 37 too. Hopefully baby don’t come out too early 😂

5y ago

Haha yah!! So we can have enough rest before restless nightssss😆

I also stop at week 37. And I gave birth at week 39. Usually labour will start between week 38-40

5y ago

I was given HL from week 38 to EDD. But baby pops out at week 39