Dear all breastfeeding mummies, recently I just found that nursing rooms at the mall in Singapore are very limited. Will you choose to breastfeed in public area (dining place or public seats at mall)? I feel embarrassed to do so. I always feel somewhat in a hurry and stressful while shopping with baby.

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes mummy, practise makes perfect. When there is no room available, you can nurse in cover at the bench or any restaurant e.g. macdonald comfortably. This is what I do always ;) Soon you will get used to it and nurse when your baby needs to.

VIP Member

I can understand how you feel. Especially when baby starts crying and you cant find any nursing room. Always bring a nursing cloth os shawl with you. Its no shame to breastfeed in public. Baby needs to eat too, just like everyone else.

I do breastfeed in public using a cover . At first , I feel uncomfortable when others staring at me . After doing for a few times , I don't give a damn anymore . I'm not exposing myself & breastfeeding in public is legal .

Can't bring myself to nurse in public. Not for fear that I may expose myself, more of how people will stare and talk. It is not illegal to nurse in public, yet Singaporeans make a big hoo-hah out of it. Too self centered!

8y ago

We can all help the general public here by treating it as normal practice in public. Society has to change its opinion on this one, it will be a very slow change. In the meantime mummies shouldn't avoid because of backwards thinking of society.

I am breastfeeding in public with a nursing covers. I am used to the the look and what I just keep in mind is that my little one is hungry. Anyway, it will be at your own comfort level.

I will breastfeed in a cover at crowded places as I don't feel safe. There was once a man tried to look into my carrier as I am wearing uniqlo bra top for easy breastfeeding experience.

I've breastfed in a cafe, departmental store, taxi, meeting, etc. Baby needs to drink, that's priority :) do not let the opinions of other affect your comfort level. Who cares!

VIP Member

I breastfeed anywhere. My hubby supports breastfeeding even if I don't have a nursing cover with me, he will still support me. Baby needs to be fed and can't wait.

Sorry for not being able to reply earlier. Not with wide T-shirt but with nursing tops. This will enable you to nursing discreetly and beautifully.

Read more

Vin croweded places, feed with cover lah. If the place like non AC hawker, i feed without cover but dat is provided my top is suitable to do do.