Dads, do you still have enough time to bond with your kids after office hours? Next question is, are they still awake when you get home?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I sort of left my job to work freelance from home to spend time being a dad. I couldn't do both. Was burning me out and I felt tired and frustrated all the time. At one point I was surviving on 2 - 3 hours sleep a day. Go work come home. And face a crying baby. My wake up call came one night when I had thoughts of throwing my kid down the rubbish chute. I wouldn't do it of course. But that thought flashed for a split second across my mind. I knew I was heading for burnt out if I didn't do anything about it

Read more

I am fortunate to be able to bring my work home and allot more time with my kids but even so, working at home is still very time consuming. I finish work during lunchtime and cook for mom and our girls. Then during night time, I finish just when the girls are about to sleep. I spend a few minutes tucking them to bed then when they're sleeping already, I lie down beside them.

Read more

I'm not sure where the rest of you are from,but from where I am, it's a very real question. The honest truth is No. I get home about 8 to see my kids wrapping up their bath. They have to hit the beds at 8.30 for them to have enough rest to get up at 6 the next morning and the cycle repeats itself. Weekends are very precious and I avoid going back to the office.

Read more
VIP Member

If after office hours, i assume u can reach home latest by 8pm, for a dinner with wife, maybe kids have it earlier or same time as you. After dinner, either you have a bath 1st or read storybook to them or play with before they go bed. My kids sleep after 10pm, so they is plenty of time, only see if the dad want to bond or not.

Read more

Well i have limited time after office hours as most the time my newborn will be sleeping when i m back home. But during feeding time he will be awake so each day i spend about 1 hour with him . it might be very short but during weekend i gave him longer time spend

Yes I still have time to bond with them, I just have to deliberately make time for them, kasi medyo madami rin ginagawa pag uwi from office. I'm blessed with work na pang umaga and maagang nakakauwi kaya pag uwi ko sobrang wide awake sila and playtime talaga.

I usually reach home after my boy finished his dinner. So I would shower quickly and have a quick dinner and read a bed time story for him. He really enjoys the bed time story session and would look forward to it everyday.

I come home at 9.00pm and my boys are still awake because they love to say their goodnight to me with a hug and a kiss. If time permits I read a page or two of their favourite book and then tug them to bed.

Yes. I will try to reach home by 7pm and have dinner with my family. After dinner, I will play board games or supervise on their homework. I always read them storybooks before they go on bed too.