Daddies, I want your honest opinion. How do you feel if your Wife want to quit her job and become full time stay at home mum? Will you be very stressed to have to handle all the finances? Will you lose respect for her as she is now taking allowance from you? You can reply anonymously, and mummies, please don't reply. I want to hear daddy's POV

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If i have enough to handle all the financial responsibilities, i don't mind her not working. But she must be able to adapt to some of her lifestyle changes if she really wants to be a housewife. Not working does not mean that she is lazy or have no values, she attends to my child's needs and sometimes do house chores even when she's working full time now and we have a maid. How do i lose respect at my own wife? She is my wife and mother of my child, that itself demands all the respect from me...

Read more

Personally I won't be okay with it. My sister is a stay at home mum, and I see how much she has changed. All her life and her talk is only about baby. She is no longer a woman but just a mum now. I want my wife to also be a woman and have more in her life than just baby. I married a partner not a child care taker. So no, I wont like my wife to be a stay at home wife - and it's not just about the expenses. No offenses to the stay at home mothers - but definitely not for me.

Read more

I won't be too okay with it just because I know my wife will not be happy as well. She loves her job, worked very hard to get to where she is and takes a lot of pride it. Sure, she loves her family but she loves her job as well and I don't see anything wrong with that. So my answer is no, I will not let her give it up completely because I know for a fact, she will feel upset secretly if she does.

Read more

Nothing about respect as long is agreed upon For the sanity of my child, myself and hers. I hope she can continue working. If she wants to be SAHM, she better be a housewife because she has to take care of my needs when I reach home and manage the family affairs and work within the budget we agreed upon. Say "No" to SAHM, maybe to housewife.

Read more

Okay with stay at home Wife - actually prefer it. My Wife is a senior auditor at one of the big 4s. I can see how guilty my Wife feels Everyday to leave our baby behind and go to work. She is also always stressed out and more snappy and our relationship is on the back burner. I wish she would leave her job so she can be a little more relaxed.

Read more

i would recommend that she establishes a network for home business like selling crafts or babysitting or even tuition at home. before taking the big leap from corporate world to be sahm... at least there is still a smaller percentage of income rather than no contribution...

first thing to ask can you afford it and live on only one salary if yes why not when mom takes care of baby full time it is better for the baby but sadly over here it is not a question of whether you want or not it is a question of whether you can afford it or not

Read more

U can always earn more money in the future But u can only watch your kids grow up once. Figure out which is more important for you in life. Eat lesser in cafes, drink kopi instead of Starbucks, take bus instead of taxi, enjoy the simple pleasures in life