✕

63 Replies

Hey, I guess as long as you both like the name, any of you can name your baby. In India, there is no such ritual as a mother or father naming a baby, even though in northern parts of India, the paternal aunt, or bua, gets to name the baby. This also is more a traditional thing, where the name is actually decided by the parents. So as long as you and your partner both like a name, it shouldn't matter whether mum chose it or dad, right? :)

I think it depends on the relationship between mom and dad. If they're on extremely good terms, it's a choice ok-ed by both. If mom is super-sentimental, she gets to choose the name. If mom is super-sentimental and also cares about her husband, she "lets" him choose the name. So, you see, mostly moms get to "decide" who chooses the name :)

We actually picked out our children's names many years ago when we first got married (and weren't yet thinking about children). We didn't waiver from these in nearly 8 years!

It is up to your agreement. I told hubby that if our baby is a girl, I'll give her my chosen name. If it is a boy, he'll be the one to think and I will just approve.😊

VIP Member

I already had the whole name in mind when we found out the gender. But my hubby got upset that he doesnt get a say. So we agreed in the end to give one name each

My hubby and I had an agreement that I will get to name our baby boys and he will name our baby girls. Lucky for me we have 2 boys now. 😂

My husband named our unborn baby when i was 14weeks pregnant ...didnt like it at first but he loves the name i ended up accepting the name

Me and my hubby name our soon to be born daughter together,but in our Culture my mum should name it and im from Myanmar 😀

Mum and Dad should talk about it months ahead prior to baby's delivery. And then final judgement a week before delivery.

Mostly mommy! 😉 But it depends on the traditions and relatives too, to decide who will make the choice of the name.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles