Inconsiderate commuter

Currently I am in week 25 and my tummy is significantly obvious to be identify as pregnant. Honestly, I am not self entitled expecting people to give up their seat in mrt to me. (In fact I prefer to stand instead lah) But i get very annoyed when I am being squeeze into crowded train and happen to be standing infront of the reserved seat. This auntie (around mid 40) who was sitting on the reserve seat got the cheek to pretend never notice me and just continue to watch her video! Is it just me being sensitive or people are just so inconsiderate?? Anyone encounter same situation as me?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes same there was this lady snatch seats with me and she sat down just watching videos on her phone. I was mad but not because I was pregnant, but rather she snatch it. Anyway I also had given up my seats to elderly while pregnant too, nobody gave their seats to them.

I'm sorry to say even I'm in 3rd tri, I had to initial give way to others first instead of they did. It's been encountered number of times. To avoid any accident happened, I just patiently give in. Sad to say most people is lack of care for the vulnerable group:(

The people who sits on the non reserved seat should also give up their seat to the needy ones. That is what the good society is about. Hope people are more considerate and sensitive to others feelings.

Humans are all selfish in nature + Singaporeans mostly bochup + Aunties super self-entitled. Guess we just gotta suck it up.

VIP Member

You can politely tell her to let you have the seat. Yes, I got the same situation even when my bump was visible.

TapFluencer

it's normal during my pregnancy even at 8 months no one give up seat at all train or bus same thing.

Yes happened to me too . My tummy was so big with the baby bump , yet no one offered a seat .