31 weeks pregnant

Hi currently i am 31 weeks pregnant, my sleep is ok but cant sleep die to dry, itchy throat and block stuff nose, any home remedy for this??? Doc not recommand any medicin and its hetting worst every night. Plz give suggestion experienced mummies!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can consider a humidifier. I had really bad nose block during pregnancy. I used a diffuser from muji and put essential oils like peppermint in it to help me sleep better. For blocked nose, I also used warm compress on my face. I used the warming eye mask from Watsons. https://www.watsons.com.sg/steam-eye-mask-rose-fragrance/p/BP_70110 If you really want to take medication to help with the itch and blocked nose, chlorpheniramine is safer than decongestants like telfast or zyrtec. I've checked with a GP before and read up on drug safety on my own.

Read more

Try Neilmed nasal saline rinse? Use it to rinse your nose before sleep. I have the same issue, and mine is bcos of allergic rhinitis. The itchy throat is bcos of mucus back flow from nose to throat. So as long as you clear the nose, the throat should be fine.

I am facing this problem in 39 weeks, would suggest to use a fan instead of an Aircon. keep room clean and take hot water bath. try breathing techniques that will help alot

Super Mum

Do you sleep in an aircon room?

4y ago

If possible, sleep without the aircon. Use a fan instead, so the air isn’t so dry. Otherwise, a humidifier may help. Essentially, you need to breathe in warm, moist air and not cold, dry air. Then your symptoms will go away:)