Sharing my sweet pain story haha

Hi & congratulations to all our pregnant ladies ! This is my 1st pregnancy aft almost 1yr of trying. With help of ovulation induction, I got pregnant, thou I do get regular menses. My pregnancy came as a shock for me. I am blessed 5wks pregnant. One night I had really bad stomach pain. Pinchin & cramps all over my abdomen & I still had abt 1wk left for next menses cycle to begin. Out of fear I deicided to do pregnancy test with zero hope as I am use to seein only negative. My miracle baby show up as faint positive one week before my next cycle. Couldn't believe went to Dr to confirm & he said it showing early pregnancy & I am pregnant. However don't get happy coz it has show up too soon, anything can happen. Now, I have missed my menses by 2days & showing more evident pregnancy positive in my hcg strip. But oddly, I am feelin very bad pain on & off. I can walk endure for sure, but it's painful. Pain scale slightly higher then to my regular period cramps. Apart frm sharing I would like to know if anyone else is facing this kinda pain ? Dr say to look out for sign of ectopic pregnancy but seem like high likely not. Anyone ? Such pain ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am too suffering with daily cramps sometimes more pain than usual, I asked my gynae and she mentioned it’s very common. Uterus is expanding so you’ll feel some pressure there. Hang on! ❤️

4mo ago

oh that's a great relief to noe ! thank you.

Ectopic pregnancy can only be confirmed via TVS with a gynae. You can book for a gynae visit for week 6. Congrats and just soak in all the excitement for now.

are you week 5 now? it’s normal to have cramp as your uterus is expanding. if you are worried, you can visit the gynae earlier.

VIP Member

Hi. Can I know more about your ovulation induction ? Tried 6 months with hubby but to negatives, considering ovulation induction.

3mo ago

Hi ! I always thought me getting pregnant would be easy considering my cycles is very regular. Guess not coz my cycle is 40days long. As soon as my 1st Dr visit they say its irregular & need to start ovulation pills. 1st test on womb check during menses they found out my ovaries are rather large & have dermoid cyst. I have good egg reserves however not showin any sign of ovulation. Started on Letrozole 2.5. Didn't ovulate. Increased the dose to Letrozole 5 (double dose) but suddnly had menses twice as side effect of increase Letrozole so had to abort that cycle. 3rd attempt tried again with Letrozole 5 I ovulate. & with calculated planed dates as Dr advisor I got pregnant now I am 2mths pregnant :) I hope that helps :) My journey has been either NUH btw :) Don't be disheartened with negatives. No harm can come from trying, keep on trying :) It's just trying :) I didn't expect positive at all considering my family members have had many struggles to get pregnant. Take care :)

I think the only way is to monitor thru blood test and make sure your hcg level nv goes down. congrats BTW!

🎉 congratulations! book gynecologist check up so can get it checked.all ze best