Can chilled breast milk mix with expressed breast milk immediately ?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should only mix at the same temperature, see this article from Kellymom which is a known excellent resource when it comes to breastfeeding http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/ You can see the comment "Avoid adding warm milk to a container of previously refrigerated or frozen milk – cool the new milk before combining"

Read more

actually i am not sure but i think it is can because that is what i did sometimes. but most of the time if the chilled bm not enough, will wait for baby to finish it first then i pour the ebm in. but if you do decide to mix direct or into the same bottle then u cannot chill any leftovers year, because its very hard to count to time already

Read more

You should mix milk at the same temperature. So if you have some in her fridge, then you express a second lot, put that in the fridge for a while too. Once the second lot is cold, then mix them.

Super Mum

I’ll store the freshly expressed bm into the fridge first until it’s chilled. Then only mix them together..

Super Mum

Both need to be same temperature before mixing. Hence pls chilled your Freshly expressed BM before mixing

Super Mum

I chilled the expressed breast milk to the same temp as the chilled one, then I pour them tgt.

Should chill the expressed milk first. Can only mix milk of the same temperature :)

I directly mix the newly expressed with those in the fridge immediately

VIP Member

Mix in same temperature, can put ebm in fridge first then mix later

Super Mum

Breast milk in the fridge and only mix when both are cold