Ask the Expert Series: Childhood Immunisation

From 1 November 2020, vaccinations against Chickenpox and Pneumococcal Disease, as well as childhood developmental screening will be made free for eligible Singapore children at all Community Health Assistance Scheme (CHAS) and General Practitioner (GP) clinics and polyclinics. Read here for more information: https://sg.theasianparent.com/enhanced-subsidies Thus, we have invited Dr Fahir - Director, Medical Services from Speedoc to answer all your questions about Childhood Immunisation 👶🏻💉 So start commenting questions you would like to ask for the upcoming session!

Ask the Expert Series: Childhood Immunisation
21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Aside from child vaccinations, Speedoc can also conduct the 6ME screening for domestic helpers at home! Visit their website for more information: https://speedoc.com/sg/6me-screening/

VIP Member

What is the earliest best age for a child to be vaccinated ? What are the mandatory vaccinations for kids below the age of 5 yo ?

4y ago

for more info . you can write in to us at [email protected]

My child was born before 1 November. Do I have to adjust my baby’s vaccination schedule to the new one from 1 November onwards?

4y ago

your child will follow the old schedule during the changeover period

Does this mean I can go to any private clinic in Singapore and still get the vaccinations done and claimed under Medisave?

4y ago

also govt polyclinics and hospitals

How many vaccines are required to have taken before a child enters primary school?

4y ago

by law only the diphtheria and rubella vaccines are 'mandatory' but usually catch up vaccines will be offered prior to starting primary school for kids with missing vaccines. this is in order to protect kids with weaker immune systems and to promote community/herd immunity

Hi dr, What about baby developmental checks? Is there a schedule for that? TIA!!

4y ago

yes developmental checks are usually scheduled around vaccine dates for convenience. usually a few days after birth, at 4 months, 6 to 9 months , 12 months and 18 months

Hi Dr Fahir, i wanna know it some vaccines really trigger egg allergies?

4y ago

in the past yes but not any more- none of the current vaccines in use in singapore trigger egg allergies

what should I do if I forgot to bring my daughter to their vaccination?

4y ago

usually a short delay doesnt effect the vaccination schedule but if the delay is by a few months - depending on the vaccine, a new course may have to be started

Which vaccines will be Medisave-claimable and which will not be?

4y ago

I think rotavirus is not medisave claimable in polyclinic

VIP Member

This is great! At what age can a child have a flu vaccination?

4y ago

Oh ya, forgot to add in the below 9yo. Thanks Dr Fahir