My child does not like eating vegetables. How can I make him develop the habit?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Kids love to imitate their parents. You have to lead by example. If you want your kid to eat spinach, dump that packet of chips and head for palak paneer! Be enthusiastic about eating palak, karela and the likes that you probably hate. If you've been doing that already, try to present the same food in interesting styles to the kid. For example, have broccoli florets for snacks instead of lunch/dinner, make vegetable nuggets, give them finger foods — potato sticks, carrot sticks, cucumber slices etc. It will take some time, but have patience.

Read more

Try "hiding" the vegetables in sauces or fritters. Ideally, we want to feed our kids vegetables in their purest forms but whatever we can do to make them eat the veggies is a win, right? I suggest making veggie nuggets -- those usually work even for the most extreme rejecters of vegetables. Cut the veggies into small pieces and mix them into potatoes that have been softened, after which you mould them into nugget shaped bits. Lightly egg wash the nuggets and lightly fry them till golden brown.

Read more
Post reply image