Care to share your tips on how you get your kids to take in medicine? Mine cry like crazy and just refuse to open his mouth!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There are many ways when comes to feeding a kids medication. - Spoon - Syringe - Suppositories - Mix in fluids If the medication i have to feed does not come in suppositories, i will 'lock' the kid down, use my arm to 'lock' the head (sound like wrestling though) while they are crying. use a syringe to slowly release some medication at the side of the mouth. The medication will slowly flow to the back of the mouth which they will swallow without much choking. Important, a little at a time. If you squirt too much medication at once, they will eventually choke and spit all medication out. For fever in kids, i strongly recommend getting Suppositories for them. It works and lesser wrestling with your kid. Do remember to request from your GP/PD Take care!

Read more
Post reply image

My sister-in-law made a big show of how much of a "big boy" my nephew is, now able to take medicine to help him feel better. And praised him for being a brave boy and a good role model for his little sister. I suspect he feels the "pressure" to perform and to live up to the 'expectations' and obediently takes his medicine without much of a protest. He looked mighty pleased with himself after the event. Of course, my sister-in-law made it a point to continue showering him with the praises for completing the task.

Read more

thanks

2y ago

i used this one medecine feeder walang hassle sa pag papainum ng gamot kay lo minsan siya pa ang sisipsip magisa .. #lovelybaby #tips

Post reply image

mix with honey