Extra attached to husband after giving birth

I am 2 weeks post csect. Is it normal to feel extra overly attached to your husband after having a baby. As he’s the only one thats been with you throughout your whole long labor and during your breakdowns post partum and the one always take care of you and the baby. And when he’s back to work, i always cry and cry and cry cause i just miss him and his presence. Literally cry every single minute hour, and would cry extra when baby is cranky dont want to sleep. How i wish husbands/dads would get the same length of paternity leave as mothers, cause they deserve the same, especially the ones thats really hands on and help out alot. And is it normal to cry cs you feel bad for your husband for always needing to take care of baby almost 24/7 during your recovery. I feel like im stealing away his sleep, his life. Or am i just emotional because of the hormones and pain after birth. #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh man, same. 🥲 I am so emotional after birth, I cry over every small little thing (like i even cried when he came in the room to check on me, and when i just leaked a little milk on my dress for example). I am so glad he works from home most of the time. When I message him that I am sad, he will rush over to me and soothe me. I got quite a painful episiotomy and difficult to do anything, even get out of bed so he is also always doing everything taking care of baby (except pumping of course). Everytime he volunteers to do anything for me or baby (in fact he volunteers to do nearly everything as soon as he sees me get up) I feel so touched. 🥲

Read more

The initial i was lost coz idk hw to tc n i wasnt one who had loved or always interact with kids. But slowly i cried was coz i had no help n my ger was fussy n hard for mi to pump. My hb is hands on, but i rather he work. Seeing him whole day n everyday, i dun really imagine. He doesnt have wfh anyw

yes its the hormones! but the fact u feel this way is also bcos of how supportive ur husband is. do appreciate him by praising and thanking him, it will help parenthood alot. sometimes ppl says good to hands on fathers but we also forget that its also their responsibility. mom alone cant so everyth

YES! I’m the same as you! I’m so clingy after child birth and I hate it! I cried so much whenever he’s away to work. I wish he dedicates more time and energy at home but he’s so busy with work! I lower my expectations towards him and I slowly regain my sanity.