Can you still brazilian wax in your third trimester?

130 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, I have friends who did a brazilian wax when she is about to due to delivery her baby. She mentioned it is not pain for her as she did the wax quite often even before she is pregnant. However, for my friends who never did brazilian wax, they mentioned it is quite painful but still bearable. If you have very sensitive skin before pregnant, you should avoid doing brazilian wax as your skin will become even more sensitive during pregnant. You can in fact request nurse in hospital to help you to shave during labor if they don't.

Read more

You could but with all of the swirling hormones -- your skin down there could be even more sensitive than before and having a Brazillian could hurt more than usual. Most of my friends either trim or shave closer to delivery. In fact, they rope in their husband's help because it's quite difficult to reach down their without nicking their skin.

Read more

my friend did hers because she didnt want to end up prickly and unsightly during natural delivery! but she also said it's more sensitive, so may feel more painful....... and remember to tell the staff you're pregnant when booking appointment. they may have some regulations that it can only be done by a certain week of pregnancy.

Read more

I've not read any health complications/concerns regarding getting a brazilian wax prior to delivery. However, some mothers did warn that the skin may be more sensitive during that period and the process may be more painful. You can also check whether the waxing cream used is safe for pregnant ladies before doing the treatment.

Read more

Yes as long as it's sugar wax or organic wax. What you can't have used on you is hot wax. Also, as long as you're used to the "pain", that would be fine. Also try to have it done maybe 3wks before you're due date because you wouldn't want to go into labor while having your nether regions waxed lol

yes i do it per trimester. if you are used to it. why not? no hair down there makes me feel clean and less possibility of bacterial build up. just my own opinion. but talking to your doctor is the perfect thing to do if in doubt :)

Yes! Just make sure sugaring or non chemical. Sa 1st baby ko 3weeks before EDD ngpawax pa ko and allowed naman nung boutique kc natural sugar lng gamit nila. By the way sa Barenaked ako lage ngpapawax.

Yes, you can still wax even if you are on your 3rd tri or 1 week before labour. I asked this question too during my visit to the parlour and they mention it's safe. So get it clean before your labour!

U can try sugaring, its similar to waxing, but it is made out of organic ingredients. Just sugar, water and lemon. They hv a few branches around singapore, can google for sugar(ed).

5y ago

Personally to me it is affordable and its around the average price, even if u go to strip.

Definitely a yes! I've been doing brazilian wax regularly during my pregnancy. Keeping it hairless down there helps me with bacteria prone infection

4y ago

what kind of wax.do you use?