Can we eat pineapple rice? Am currently 10 weeks pregnant.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

pineapple is otherwise healthy, but it is best to avoid it while you are pregnant. the substance bromelain found in pineapple can loosen up your cervix and induce labour. if this happens too early, it also increases the risk of miscarriage. i would suggest please avoid having pineapple in any form while you are pregnant.

Read more

Pineapple though pretty healthy they contain a substance called bromelain which if had in excess weakens the cervix and induces early labour. It is often said to avoid pineapples in the first trimester

i'd avoid them.. just like what Shrutika advised... or just have the rice without eating the actual pineapple if you really need to... :)

Yes you can but everything in moderate. Do check with your gynae as individual may have different health conditions.

VIP Member

You can test with a small small amount first then see how your body reacts to it? Though most ppl avoid

It’s best to avoid since ur just 10 weeks , I had it in moderation when I was arnd 8 months

It's not suggested to eat papaya and pineapple in pregnancy..it's strictly no

Would suggest you to try to avoid as much as possible during your first trimester.

thanks

VIP Member

Yes you can. In moderation thought